Education & Experience
Below you will find a listing of my educational history. As the Chief of Surgery in one of the region's largest hospitals I have been an expert at performing difficult trauma surgery and extreme life saving procedures. I want to use my experience and expertise to provide my bariatric patients with the safest surgical experience possible.
- School Of Medicine, in Universidad Autonoma de Baja California, BC México.
- Surgery. Tijuana County General, Universidad Autónoma de Baja California.
- Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery 2003, in the Specialty Clinic of the Mexican Institute of Social Security, in Tijuana.
Job Titles & Associations
- Chief of General Surgery at Tijuana County General: August 2003 to September 2006.
- Associated Professor of General Surgery: 2003 till 2006.
- Coordinator of Surgical Interns: 2005-2006.
- Associated Professor of Anatomy in UABC, School of Medicine: 2006 to Date.
- Regional Delegate of The Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery, in the State of Baja California.
- Member of The College of General Surgeons of Tijuana.
- Member of The Mexican association of Endoscopic Surgery.
- Member of The College of General Surgeons of México.
- Board Certified in General Surgery since 2004.
Courses & Congress Attendances
- ATLS (Attention to Trauma and Life Support): 1997.
- Medical Update on Trauma and Emergency Care USCD: June 2001.
- Fellowship in Trauma UCSD: May-July 2001.
- Course of Bariatric Surgery, Tijuana BC México: 25th and 26th of February 2002.
- International Congress of General Surgery in Tijuana, México: March 2002.
- Practical Course in Reflux surgery: July 2002.
- Course and Practice in Practical Solutions in Malpractice, in México City: 23rd-26th June 2004.
- Practical Course in Laparoscopic Repair of Inguinal Hernia: August 2004
- Course in Bariatric Surgery, Bypass and Lap Band: December 2004.
- World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery, Presentation of Paper, Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication, Learning Curve in Cancun México: Feb 2004.
- International Congress of General Surgery, Participant as a Professor: Feb 2005.
- Congress of The Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery in Vallarta, México: May 2005.
- Mexican Association of Bariatric Surgery Congress in Mazatlán Mexico: June 2006.
- Latin American Congress of Endoscopic Surgery, Miami Florida: July 2006.